Motorcycle and Scooter Accidents
Experienced Trial Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents often result in serious injuries or even wrongful death. The lack of protection puts the rider at risk for serious back or brain injury. While some – including the police – sometimes automatically assume that these are consequences of irresponsible riding, the attorneys at Mills & Cahill, LLC, know differently.
If you or a family member have been involved in a motorcycle accident or scooter crash, call us at 203-776-4500 for your free initial consultation with one of our lawyers.
Attorney John Mills and Attorney Maria A. Cahill have been an aggressive force in civil litigation for decades. Because we have represented parties on both sides of a civil case, for many years, we offer all our clients an inside vantage point into what it takes to effectively litigate any case.
Mr. Mills and Ms. Cahill know how to build a strong case using expert witnesses and accident reconstructionists from all over the country. Our law firm also uses the latest technology, sometimes including footage of the accident scene obtained from the Department of Transportation or Google maps.
- A great many motorcycle and scooter accidents involve other motor vehicles. Read more about car accidents and personal injury
There are a few things to do to prepare for filing a motorcycle accident or scooter accident claim:
- Take photographs: Taking photographs of the accident scene and damaged motorcycle or scooter provides visual evidence for your case.
- Get insurance information: Ask the other party and any witnesses for their names, phone numbers, addresses and insurance information for possible use at a later date.
- Keep the motorcycle or scooter: A damaged motorcycle is a great starting point for accident reconstructionists. It also serves as evidence during trial or negotiations. Even if severely damaged, the vehicle should be preserved if possible.
- Talk only to your scooter or motorcycle accident attorney: Giving statements to the investigators, newspapers or insurance companies can harm your case. Words can be twisted, and negative statements can be used against you in court.
Schedule a free consultation during the week, in the evenings or on the weekends by calling locally at 203-776-4500. You can also contact our New Haven law firm online. We will meet you at your home or office, if necessary. Spanish translators are available.